Ordering Recomendations - Home Use
Recommendations for ordering home-use materials:
- For home use, families typically order workbooks for the appropriate grade. Note: At the moment, Level 1 books only come in a "Teacher's Guide" that is designed for teachers to copy and hand out to students.
- Parents should be able to figure out most of the workbook answers on their own. However, Answer Keys are available for Level 2 and Level 3 workbooks.
- Families can play "the brainstorming game" (see Training Video #2) on their own without purchasing the Classroom Board Kit, by simply asking the question, "How may English words can you think of that contain this root?" However, they can certainly order the Visual Root Worksheets (Pad I) to facilitate this activity.
- Early Elementary Root Posters ("EERPs") are typically used in group settings with younger students. Most, but not all, of the information contained on the EERPs is included on the Level 1 workbooks, so parents can certainly replicate the introduction of the roots by just using the Level 1 books. However, some parents may want the larger more interactive format of the EERPs .
- We strongly recommend that parents purchase the Teacher's Program Guide, as it contains program instructions, resources, and all the Constructed Word Lists for that program year.
Have questions? Please do not hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Level 1, 2, and 3 workbooks all cover the same roots each week (Level 1 focuses on just one of the three weekly roots). However, challenge exercises and vocabulary increase in complexity for each Level workbook. This creates an opportunity for differentiated instruction as teachers or parents can adjust materials to different students' abilities.